You may be thinking, “I don’t think I/we can commit to that…” and to that I say the following:
1. Yes, you can!
2. We have dinner! From 6-6:30pm, dinner is provided for $5 per person.
Children 5th grade and younger eat free!
3. We have childcare! Covenant will run 6:30-8pm, concurrent with all children and youth programming. Trained, professional childcare workers are here to help!
4. If you’re waiting for the “right time” it’s now! There’s never a convenient time to commit the next 24 Wednesdays of your life to Bible study. But, I can promise you will be better for it!
5. You get time with Pastor Mark and Pastor Andy! What two other fun-loving, knowledgeable, holy, peaceful, patient, educated AND HUMBLE pastors could you ask for?! Pastor Mark and myself will lead the beginning portion of the study while the rest of the study will be done in small groups.
6. You get to finally meet those people you don’t know! You know those people who have smiled and waved at you. You’ve nudged your spouse saying, “we would get along well with them… what are their names?” Yeah, they’re going to be there and you would get along well with them! But seriously, you will form meaningful relationships with people from your church family. That’s pretty cool!
7. The Bible! Yeah, you’re right, this should have been at the top of the list, but I felt like that would have been too easy. You know those conversations you’ve had with friends or family about scripture or faith and you’ve thought, “I have no idea what they are talking about!” Well, now you will know what they are talking about!
8. Grow with your spouse! Take Covenant with your spouse and you will have a weekly 1.5 hour time to be with him/her to pray and learn together. You will also have an opportunity to read scripture and pray each day in your homes together.
9. Biblically literate leaders! It is the practice of Acts 2 that every person in leadership is a tithing (10% or above) member who has taken either Disciple or Covenant. In this way, our leaders can make biblical decisions on behalf of the church.
10. Your children are watching! Children will rarely listen to what we say, but they will watch what we do. Imagine the positive impact it will make on your children to watch you study the Bible and make life-long learning a priority!
Sign up below! I’ve given you all the reasons that you can do Covenant! Now it’s your turn to sign up and watch your life change!