Children’s Ministry at Acts 2
Creating Spiritual Foundations
We believe it is our mission to equip and assist families in laying spiritual foundations with the hope that all children will come to know, love and follow Jesus. For questions about our Children’s Ministry, please contact our Children’s Director, Megan Engelhard.
This year, we made a wonderful investment in our children’s programming with the implementation of the Orange curriculum. The name Orange is derived from the idea that the two greatest influences in a child’s life are the church and the home. The church is where children experience the light of Christ—yellow—and the home is where children experience love—red. When those two influences work together, the effect is a much greater impact—orange—on the faith development of the child. Orange is educational and fun for both the children and the volunteers in the program.
Latest Children’s Ministry News
- This week we are continuing to talk about identity and focusing on the fact that God cares more about what is in our hearts than our appearance. You can review 1 Samuel 16:7 with your child by reminding them that God sees us for who we are on the inside, and we should do the same with others! Remember to rehearse your memory verse as well! The verse for this month is Psalm 139:14.
- Children’s Choir resumes Wednesday, March 27! We will meet from 5:15-6:00 p.m. in the Chapel. Register your child here!
- Save the date for camp! This year, children at Acts 2 have the opportunity to attend two different camps.
- Joy Camp (open to children entering 3rd-5th grade) is June 28-30.
- Sonshine Camp (open to children entering 1st and 2nd grade) is June 29-30.
- Both Camps are hosted at Canyon Camp in Hinton, Oklahoma. We will provide families with more information about camp and register those interested at our Camp Registration Meeting on April 7, at 12:15 p.m. in the Chapel.
9:15 and 10:45 a.m. in the Acts 2 Sanctuary
All children will begin their day in Worship with their parents in the main Sanctuary. During the Children’s Moment, they will be invited forward for a quick message and prayer. Children in Pre-K through 5th grade will then be invited to exit the Sanctuary to go to their Sunday School classes, led by our wonderful volunteers. Children will spend about 30 minutes in class, and then will be escorted back to the Sanctuary in time to participate in Communion with their families.
4th & 5th grade
6:30 p.m. in the Acts 2 Chapel
Acts 2 and One Church children participate in fellowship, a lesson, and fun and games together at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday nights. Pre-K through 3rd grade meets in the Acts 2 Chapel, and 4th and 5th grade meets in Classrooms 4 and 5. Wednesday night programming runs year-round.
Pre-K through 3rd grade students engage in a lesson, memorize a monthly Bible verse, and participate in activities and games that help them grow as followers of Jesus. They also enjoy fellowship with others.
Each night consists of a lesson, time spent reading and discussing the Bible, activities and games that support the lesson, and fellowship with friends.
One Church – 6:30 p.m. in the Acts 2 Chapel
All children will begin the evening in Worship with their parents in the Chapel. During the Children’s Moment, they will be invited forward for a quick message and prayer. Children in Pre-K through 5th grade will then be invited to exit the Chapel to go to their classes, led by our wonderful volunteers. Children will spend about 30 minutes in class, and then will be escorted back to the Chapel in time to participate in Communion with their families.
Beginning February 13, the Children’s Choir rehearses from 5:15-6:00 p.m. on Wednesday evenings in the Acts 2 Chapel. All students Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited to participate. Children will learn about music fundamentals like melody, rhythm, dynamics, and form, along with the important role music has in worship. The Children’s Choir will sing quarterly during the 10:45 a.m. Sunday worship service. Register your child for Children’s Choir.
Club 45 Girls’ Bible Study
Club 45 Girls’ Bible Study meets on the first Sunday of every month during the 9:15 a.m. worship service. All 4th and 5th grade girls are invited to participate. The class is led by Kimberly Wiggins and Shareese Poplin and meets in Classroom 3.