Children’s Ministry at Acts 2
Creating Spiritual Foundations
We believe it is our mission to equip and assist families in laying spiritual foundations with the hope that all children will come to know, love and follow Jesus. For questions about our Children’s Ministry, please contact our Children’s Director, Meagan Durham.
Latest Children’s Ministry News
- Each Sunday, Mrs. Meagan shares a children’s message during worship, and another message for children following worship.
- On Wednesday nights, children meet via Zoom to learn more about what the Bible teaches us about following Jesus. To find out the meeting details, contact Meagan Durham.
- In April, children will learn about humility as taught and modeled by Jesus. When Jesus was on earth, He gave us the ultimate example of humility. Despite being God, Jesus set aside heaven for us. Through His life and death, He also showed us how to serve others and put them first. Our memory verse for April is Philippians 2:3: “Don’t do anything only to get ahead. Don’t do it because you are proud. Instead, be humble. Value others more than yourselves.”
SAVE THE DATE: CHILDREN’S CAMP REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
1st-2nd grades: June 27-28, 2020
- 3rd-5th grades: June 26-28, 2020
- Sunday, May 17 – Promotion Sunday – Children will start attending the class they will enter in the fall. Pre-K students will begin participating in children’s programming, and fifth grade will be promoted into the youth group.
- June 27-28, 2020 – Sonshine Camp – Students entering 1st-2nd grades at Canyon Camp
- June 26-28, 2020 – Joy Camp – Students entering 3rd-5th grades at Canyon Camp
Connecting Church and Home
This year, we made a wonderful investment in our Children’s Ministry with the implementation of the Orange curriculum. The name Orange is derived from the idea that the two greatest influences in a child’s life are the church and the home. The church is where children experience the light of Christ—yellow—and the home is where children experience love—red. When those two influences work together, the effect is a much greater impact—orange—on the faith development of the child. Orange is educational and fun for both the children and the volunteers in the program.
9:15 and 10:45 a.m. in the Acts 2 Sanctuary
All children will begin their day in Worship with their parents in the main Sanctuary. During the Children’s Moment, they will be invited forward for a quick message and prayer. Children in Pre-K through 5th grade will then be invited to exit the Sanctuary to go to their Sunday School classes, led by our wonderful volunteers. Children will spend about 30 minutes in class, and then will be escorted back to the Sanctuary in time to participate in Communion with their families.
4th & 5th grade
6:30 p.m. in the Acts 2 Chapel
Acts 2 and One Church children participate in fellowship, a lesson, and fun and games together at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday nights. Pre-K through 3rd grade meets in the Acts 2 Chapel, and 4th and 5th grade meets in Classrooms 4 and 5. Wednesday night programming runs during the school year.
Pre-K through 3rd grade students engage in a lesson, memorize a monthly Bible verse, and participate in activities and games that help them grow as followers of Jesus. They also enjoy fellowship with others.
Each night consists of a lesson, time spent reading and discussing the Bible, activities and games that support the lesson, and fellowship with friends.
One Church – 6:30 p.m. in the Acts 2 Chapel
All children will begin the evening in Worship with their parents in the Chapel. During the Children’s Moment, they will be invited forward for a quick message and prayer. Children in Pre-K through 5th grade will then be invited to exit the Chapel to go to their classes, led by our wonderful volunteers. Children will spend about 30 minutes in class, and then will be escorted back to the Chapel in time to participate in Communion with their families.
Club 45 Girls’ Bible Study
Club 45 Girls’ Bible Study meets on the first Sunday of every month during the 9:15 a.m. worship service. All 4th and 5th grade girls are invited to participate. The class is led by Kimberly Wiggins and Shareese Poplin and meets in Classroom 3.