Latest Youth News
- In June, Youth will begin meeting on Sunday evenings instead of Wednesdays with a brand-new format and curriculum.
- In preparation for the transition, we will host several Sunday evening preview events to allow youth and parents to experience the new format. The first preview will be on March 24.
- The next Youth Service Day is on March 30. Students and parents will serve at Skyline Urban Ministry in their food pantry and clothing closet to help others in the community.
- Mark your calendars for this year’s youth summer camps. We will provide more information about camp and register those interested at the Camp Registration Meeting on Sunday, April 7 at 12:15 p.m.
- Incoming 6th – 8th Graders: Journey Camp – June 5-9
- Incoming 9th Graders – Graduates: Dayspring South – July 8-12
March 24, 4:00-6:00 p.m. – Sunday Evening Youth Preview & Kickball – Chapel
- Students and leaders will experience the new Sunday Evening Youth format, featuring our new Orange Curriculum, worship with our youth band, and play kickball.
March 30, 8:00-11:30 a.m. – Youth Service Day – Skyline Urban Ministry
- We will serve in the food pantry and clothing closet at Skyline Urban Ministry to bless people in our community. Register here.
April 7, 12:15 p.m. – Camp Registration Meeting – Chapel
- Students and parents will receive information about summer camp and have the opportunity to register.
10:45 a.m. – Jr and Sr High Youth Bible Study
Students are encouraged to attend the 9:15 a.m. worship service and participate in the Youth Bible study at 10:45 a.m. Junior High students meet in the Southeast Portable Building and base their discussion on the sermon, so they are encouraged to actively participate in worship and take sermon notes to facilitate discussion during Bible study. Senior High students meet in the Southwest Portable Building to spend time studying and relating the Bible to their own lives. Our hope is that these activities will help our students reflect the teachings of Christ in their daily lives.
10:45 a.m. – Confirmation Class
The current class of Confirmation students meets in the North Portable building at 10:45 a.m. to learn to take their faith into their own hands. In class, the students will learn more about Christ, the roots of their faith, and what faith in action looks like. The class meets until Confirmation Sunday on March 24.
6:30 p.m. – Jr and Sr High Youth
Led by Youth Director Jerrod Baker, the Junior and Senior High Youth meet from 6:30-8:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Students have the option to participate in Family Dinner in the Gathering Space at 5:50 p.m. The cost for dinner is $7 for 6th grade and older, $4 for Kindergarten through 5th grade, and free for Pre-K and younger.
During Youth, students spend time in prayer, small group discussions, and playing games. Small groups are divided by grade and gender to help facilitate conversation that focuses on developing spiritual disciplines, providing encouragement and accountability, and caring for one another through prayer. Each small group is led by two trained adult mentors.
Youth Service Days
As part of our commitment to the Acts 2 value of Worship +2 – a place to worship, a place to learn, and a place to serve – our students have a monthly opportunity to serve together in our local community. Youth Service Day opportunities have included the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, Skyline Urban Ministries, the Hope Center of Edmond, Feed the Children, Penn Avenue Redemption Church, Epworth Villa Retirement Community, and Circle of Care, among others. These monthly Youth Service Days give our students an opportunity to partner with local service organizations and neighbors in need as we seek to be the hands and feet of Jesus and be part of the transformation of the world. The next Youth Service Day will be March 30 at Skyline Urban Ministry. Register here.